Friday, January 13, 2012

bonjour!

Comment allez-vous?

So French class has officially started and I'm thrilled!  That was the only 8am class I can remember not yawning in!  That's how thrilled I am!

I kno I'm suppose to be more excited about my major courses but this gen ed course has beaten the rest into pulp?  I have no idea if I might have a thing for language or it's just my interest in new experiences?  Go figure.  But I'm totally looking forward to next week's French classes!

Alrights, besides my over-excitement of French, the first week of classes had left me a long list of assignments due next week.
Oh JOY!

But wait!  There's more!
So this term we're basically designing a restaurant.  Like before there would be an actual site, in this case a building, which would serve as the location on which our design would be installed.

Then we had to pick a culture that would be our restaurant's cuisine and it was done in groups of three.  Initially, I wanted to get Japanese but it was based on a lucky draw to determine who gets to pick first and I ended up with Indian.  Which is not too bad.  It has a lot of character I can work with.

The research part of this is done as a team and we began our research by visiting two indian restaurants downtown, feasting, taking photos  and asking questions.  It was the yummiest project ever!  And somehow the food reminded me of home far away.  It was nice.

So that's the highlights of this week!
(Well, technically only the weekdays)
Tune in next week fo more! =D



- BT -

No comments:

Post a Comment