Thursday, August 5, 2010

humans are so vulnerable..

Humans get sick, hurt, and die easily.
This is way too easy to prove.

My dad's parents owns a shop which has a squatting? toilet.

A couple of days ago, my grandma slipped and fell on the toilet floor on her bump. Thank God she didn't break any bones or has major injuries but her nerves seems to be affected quite badly. It was painful for her even when she is sitting.

After hearing about the news, my dad and I went back to Sarawak for a visit to check up on her and also as a farewell visit to my grandparents from both sides of the family. It was only a short 2day1night trip.

During the visit, we got grandma a support? stick. Those four-legged stick that we often see in hospitals for the weak or old.

Seeing how slow my grandma moves even with the support of the stick was not a comfortable sight. It gave me a strong reminder of how weak humans get after time passes. Tho it is probably too early for me to have fears of growing old but the time that is furiously running without mercy is a good excuse for me to react that way.

I fear growing old and weak more than a sudden death.
That's how I feel now.



- B -

No comments:

Post a Comment