Wednesday, July 28, 2010

blood outta my veins...

Needles have never been something I was fond of.

On the 12-07-10, I went to the High Commission of Canada's office in KL to apply for my Canadian Study Permit.

Last night I received an email from them on an update for my application process. Apparently, I had to collect papers from the office and get a medical check up.

The medical check up consist of urine test, blood test, and X-ray examination, and body check. It was my second time for urine and blood test but the rest was a first.

Before I got my blood test, they told me it was also to check if I had HIV or any kind of STDs. In my head I was like, "okaeee...I don't think I need that" but just nodded my head since I knew it was the normal procedure.

When I saw the needle I got a little nervous. It was slightly bigger than the one used last time. I didn't dare to look as the needle pierced through my skin into my vein. Obviously it hurt more than the one I had before.

For the X-ray I had to put on the one piece for surgery patients. The one which is tied at the back by two strings but could still see some of the back and butt. I was SO glad I got to leave my pants on and also that the examiner? was female. lol

Finally, it was time for me to see the doctor. It was a she, which was a RELIEF. She did a body check from the eyes to the feet. What gave me a shock was she even gave me a check for breast cancer. !@#$%^&*! WTH would I need that for?!? I effin 19 -.-'' Sigh~ I had no choice but to let it go. It was probably a stupid procedure..unless that old female doctor is a perv which is less likely than just about following procedures. At least that is what I tell myself.

When it was over, I was just relieved nothing is wrong and went home leaving whateva memory behind.

Conclusion, I DON'T like medical check ups.



- B -

No comments:

Post a Comment